I was tagged, and now I’m tagging ALL OF YOU! Fill it out on your blog, then leave me a comment here so I can come check yours out too! Have fun!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Love Hot Chocolate! Especially with real marshmallows, not the wimpy ones that come in the mix. lol..
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? All the presents are wrapped. Santa’s gifts are always with different paper though. We forgot one year, and that’s when DD started figuring things out. ROFL….
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love white lights on the tree. I think it looks so elegant and beautiful. However, since DH is in charge of the lighting, it’s colored all the way. *sigh*
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? DH starts dragging out the decorations the day after Thanksgiving. He *lives* for this stuff! I just stand back out of the way and let him do his thing. He’s really great at it, and always comes up with new decorating ideas with the stuff we already own. (He waits for the after Christmas sales to stock up on new goodies for decorating)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? That’s a hard one. I love dishes with sweet potatoes. Waldorf Salad always reminds me of the holidays. We never seem to have the same food twice… lol!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child. Wow, it’s so hard to choose. As a kid I really liked the gifts, but what I remember most is being around family. That’s the hardest part about living here, in the land-of-no-relatives, because the holidays just don’t feel that special to me without having family around. *sniff-sniff*
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have nooo idea.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, although this is a new tradition for us, only about three or four years old. We always open one gift, and it’s always a new pair of pajamas. Some years we’ve even tried to get matching jammies, but we’ve given up on doing that. It was way too hard trying to find the same pair of pajamas to fit ALL our size requirements. LOL!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We do a mixture of old and new decorations. We have lots of handmade ornaments that we made when DD was little bitty, some even older ornaments from DH’s grandparents, a small Cherished Teddies collection, and some Hallmark ones from DH’s family. Every year we try to buy one new ornament per family member, but we’ve been a bit hit or miss on that. Our tree certainly qualifies as “eclectic.” 🙂
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOOOOOVE it and wish we had it more often!
12. Can you ice skate? Nope, and it would be a terrible sight to behold!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Wow, that’s a hard one. I remember the first Christmas that I didn’t get any books…I was devistated. Books were always one of my favorite gifts.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Making it special, magical and fun for the kids. I want them to focus on the REAL reason we celebrate, but to also be able to look back and feel how very much we love them.
5. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Any kind of fruity pie with vanilla ice cream on top!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Bundling up and driving around town looking at Christmas lights, while listening to Christmas music on the radio. Some years it’s been so warm that we actually turn on the air conditioner to make it FEEL like Christmas. LOL!
17. What tops your tree? A broken angel. *snort* Her lights have finally burnt out and are beyond repair.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? GIVING! When I was a kid, it was all about the getting… But I really love giving gifts to people. I always hope that I can make or give them something that really makes their eyes light up when they see it.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love many of the “old fashioned” songs sung by Bing Crosby, what a great voice! Although I do get a chuckle from “Grandma got run over by a Reindeer.” lol…
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUMMY! As long as they are the REAL pepperming kind, not the weird flavored ones they have out now.