I’ve had several online friends ask me how to watermark their photos before putting them on the web. I use Paint Shop Pro for mine, but have been looking for a free alternative for my friends.
Luckily, I found Picnik.com! It’s a nifty site that is GREAT for photo editing, saving for the web, and uploading to various photo sharing sites. You can also use it to watermark your photos. And best of all, it’s free. (My favorite word!)
Imade a photo tutorial to walk you through making a watermark. It’s pretty easy, I know you can do it too!
1. Go to Picnik.com
2. Click on “Get Started Now”
3. Pick a demo picture to practice with, or upload one of your own.
4. Click on the tab “Create”
5. Click on “Text”
6. Type in something
7. Click “Add”
8. Resize your text box to fit your photo. Then go to “Fade” and change the opacity of the text until you find a level you are happy with.
To Save for Web:
9. Click on “Edit”
10. Click on “Resize”
11. I like to keep my longest side about 500 pixels.
12. Click on Save & Share tab, and save to your computer or your favorite photo sharing website.