My FIAR pages are a work in progress. Check back often for updates.
- Movie: Apple Farming For Kids
- Apple Pie story matching game
- Travel the world to gather the ingredients for an apple pie! Use this fruits of the spirit coloring page.
- Apple orchard jobs worksheet
- Create a passport to “visit the world” on your trip.
- Mark on a map where the girl went on her trip, in what order, and what ingredients she found in each location.
- Sorting apples lapbook page
Language Arts/Character Traits:
- Character Traits: Compassion.
- Ergermeier’s Story Bible – The Good Samaritan
- Discover why the girl in the story carried the chicken along instead of the eggs. Eggs are fragile!
- Compassionate at Hubbard’s Cupboard
- Book: “3 in 1: A Picture of God.”
- Movie: Around the World in 80 Days – 1956 version, available for instant watch on Netflix.
Art/Music (Our CreativiTea Party Day!):
- Make a finger paint apple tree
- Cezanne’s Astonishing Apples – Look for the storybook on the site for a fun story about the painter
- Apple Printing projects
- Apple coloring page
- Make an apple doll
- Apple Beaded Safety Pin project
- Dried apple craft projects
- Apple Seed Toss – Give each child five apple seeds. Each one will take turns tossing their seeds on to the board. Add up the points for each seed that lands on an apple square.
- Read the book “Apple Fractions.” Cut apples into fractions and discuss.
- Apple fractions lapbook page
- Counting apples worksheet 1 and worksheet 2
- Apple graphing
- Apple seed counting by 2’s
- Counting apples mini book – kids add their own apples to the trees
- Book: “Apple Picking Time“
- Movie: Different types of hens – Martha Stewart’s hens video
- Apple Investigation sheet
- Dissect an apple with mom’s help. Cut it open and look at all the different parts. Parts of an apple
- The Apple Wise Guys booklet
- Apple Taste Test
- Use all five senses to describe several different varieties of apple.
- Printable apple cards.
- Simple apple facts list.
- Apple lapbook worksheet
Food/Snack Ideas (Have any? Please share!):
- Apple Pie
- One Bowl Apple Cake
- Try tasting a SMALL amount of apple cider vinegar
- Apple Reference Chart – type, use, harvest, texture and taste.
- Apples at Enchanted Learning
- Apples at ABC Teach
- Five a Day Apple Recipe Collection
- Field Trip! Go to the grocery and pick out several different types of apples to use during the week.
- Field Trip! Visit an apple orchard or farmer’s market to buy apples.